At Panavision we are the film industries leading provider of cinematography equipment. With a global footprint and rich history, the Panavision group is driven by a passion for creative collaboration and technical innovation that keeps us at the forefront of the industry's ongoing evolution.
- Machinists in the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering sector are predominantly involved in highly skilled, complex and precision work, machining components from specialist materials using conventional and/or CNC machine tools such as centre lathes, vertical and horizontal milling machines.
- Read and interpret relevant data and documentation used to produce machined components.
- Determine the most efficient and effective approach to machine the component using a range of tools, machining process and techniques.
- Set and adjust the machine operating parameters to produce the work pieces to the required specification. This will involve setting. feeds and speeds for roughing and finishing operations.
Mandatory – GCSE’s Level 5 Maths and Level 4 English
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
Training to be Provided
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship. The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Work towards gaining a full Level 3 Advanced Mechanical Machinist Qualification.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What we offer
Working for Panavision is an opportunity to be part of an industry-leading global enterprise: a diverse team of professionals supporting world-class creative productions and developing innovative film technologies.
We offer a friendly, collaborative and supportive work environment in which individual contributions are valued and development is encouraged. You will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package including private medical and life assurance cover, pension contribution, and service-related benefits such as up to 27 days annual leave.
If you have the skills, an appetite for engineering and drive to be part of our team, we would love to hear from you!