Mechatronics Engineering Apprentice Level 3
- Full Time
Date Listed: July 14, 2022
At Panavision we are the film industries leading provider of cinematography equipment. With a global footprint and rich history, the Panavision group is driven by a passion for creative collaboration and technical innovation that keeps us at the forefront of the industry's ongoing evolution.
- Mechatronics Technicians ensure that plant & equipment perform to the required standard to facilitate production targets regarding safety, quality, delivery & cost within high value manufacturing environments. The work would cover a broad range of activities including installation, testing & the on-going maintenance of complex automated equipment.
- Understand mechanical, electrical, electronic, fluid power and process control principles in a mechatronics maintenance environment.
- Understand how equipment being maintained functions and operating parameters in individual components and how they interact.
- Understand fault diagnostic methods, techniques and equipment used when maintaining equipment and systems.
Mandatory – GCSE’s Level 5 Maths and Level 4 English
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
Training to be Provided
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship. The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Work towards gaining a full Level 3 Mechatronics Qualification.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What we offer
Working for Panavision is an opportunity to be part of an industry-leading global enterprise: a diverse team of professionals supporting world-class creative productions and developing innovative film technologies.
We offer a friendly, collaborative and supportive work environment in which individual contributions are valued and development is encouraged. You will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package including private medical and life assurance cover, pension contribution, and service-related benefits such as up to 27 days annual leave.
If you have the skills, an appetite for engineering and drive to be part of our team, we would love to hear from you!